The French Shooting Federation (FFTir), French Fédération Française de Tir, is the umbrella organization for sport shooting in France. It was founded in its current form in 1967, but has roots as far back as 1866.
FFTir is France’s representative for the international shooting organizations International Shooting Sport Federation, International Practical Shooting Confederation, World Benchrest Shooting Federation, International Metallic Silhouette Shooting Union, Muzzle Loaders Associations International Committee, International Crossbow Shooting Union and the European Shooting Confederation.
Shooting disciplines carry out by FFTir
- Pistol (Pistolet)
- Rifle (Carabine)
- Service firearms (Tir aux Armes Règlementaires)
- Running target (Cible Mobile)
- Shotgun (Plateau)
- Practical (Tir Sportif de Vitesse)
- Benchrest (Bench-Rest)
- Metallic silhouette (Silhouettes métalliques)
- Crossbow (Arbalète Match et Field)
- Muzzleloading (Armes anciennes)
France going to host Olympic 2024 so the FFTir already started preparations.