British Shooting is the only target shooting governing body in Great Britain recognised by the ISSF, IPC Shooting, British Olympic Association, British Paralympic Association, UK Sport & Sport England.
British Shooting’s purpose is:
- To act as a single contact for International Federations
- To act as a single shooting body in receipt of public funding from UK Sport and Sport England
- To be the member body of the National Olympic Committee (BOA) and the National Paralympic Commitee (BPA).
- To oversee the development and preparation of world class shooters for success on the international stage
- To support the development of grassroots shooting in England
- To promote quality and professional governance for target shooting sports.